Westonzoyland Pumping Station Museum
Hoopers Lane, Westonzoyland
Bridgwater, Somerset, TA7 0LS
Discover a unique and diverse collection at Westonzoyland Pumping Station for your Society, Social Club, Business or School!
Learn about the History of Land Drainage on the Somerset Levels including how the development and introduction of steam powered pumping stations changed the landscape and impacted those who lived and farmed the surrounding land.
Immerse yourself in industries long past from industrial steam pumps, brewery engines, educational engines and steam generators.
Ride on the 2ft Industrial Narrow Gauge Railway and see how these small lines supported river and flood defence works, peat extraction and other industries across Somerset and the wider country.
Highlights of a Private Visit as Non-Steam:
- Introduction Talk on the History of Land Drainage on the Somerset Levels and the Trusts History of Preserving the First Pumping Station on the Somerset Levels
- Guided Tour of the Museum (split into smaller groups dependant upon numbers)
- Our Diesel Exhibits will be run including a large 31litre single cylinder Crossley, WWII Search Light Generator & Others
- Our electric powered exhibits including deep well pumps and water wheel exhibit running
- Rides on our 2’ Narrow Gauge Railway & Tour of our new Locomotive Shed
Additional Highlights of an In-Steam Visit:
- All of the above plus...
- Our Marshall Boiler in Steam
- All our running steam engines in operation (around 30 engines)
- The opportunity to hands on run our Steam Winch
- A full steam running of the Easton Amos Land Drainage Machine